Memorial Day Sale: Use Code MEMORIAL for 20% Off


Battling Biotoxins?

Biotoxins are toxins that have biological origins.

Unlike chemical or synthetic toxins, these toxins come from something living.

There are a number of different types of biotoxins. For our purposes, we will discuss two main types:

  • Neurotoxins – biotoxins that affect nervous system (common Lyme related toxin)
  • Mycotoxins – biotoxins produced by fungi (mold toxins)

Internal vs external biotoxins

People can become exposed to biotoxins both internally and externally. The most common type of external exposure comes from mold from a water-damaged building.

The most common type of internal exposure comes from Lyme infections.

(Read more about how mold toxins enter the body)

Biotoxin Illness is also known as CIRS – chronic inflammatory response syndrome. Acute or chronic inflammatory response to exposure to mold or other bacteria like Lyme and co-infections or any biotoxins

Biotoxins illness is very common in people with Lyme. Many, if not most, people with Chronic Lyme have a genetic issue where they are unable to detox biotoxins. This means they cannot detox the biotoxins from the Lyme bacteria, but it also makes them susceptible to biotoxins from mold. If a person can’t detox the die-off from Lyme bacteria, they also can’t detox systemic mold.

Evaluating if mold toxins are a problem

If you live, have lived, or work in an environment that has a history of water damage, you should be suspicious of having mold illness. Many people will never fully recover from Lyme if they continue to live or work in a moldy environment. I know this is tough to hear, but it is a reality for many people.

There are a couple of tests that can be performed to determine whether or not your home or workplace is compromised by mold. There is the ERMI (Environmental Relative Moldiness index) done by EMLabs P&K and Envirobiomics.

Additionally, working with a practitioner that is familiar with Richie Shoemaker’s biotoxin protocol is one of the best ways to heal from mold illness (check out my Treatment Options for information about working directly with me).

A Shoemaker certified practitioner will know how to perform the appropriate tests to determine if you have biotoxin illness. They will also know how to appropriately treat and manage it.

Tips to Reduce the Effects of Biotoxins

First, you should remove yourself from mold exposure whether it’s in your home, your workplace, or any place you spend time. It is important to eliminate the source of the toxins to heal.

Next, you should detox the mold out of your body. Taking binders will help remove the mold from your body by attracting and attaching the toxins so they can be moved out of the digestive tract. I developed a blend of binders specifically for this situation: Binder Blend.

Make sure you are getting clean air. Indoor air quality can be much worse than people expect. Investing in a high-quality air purifier like those made by Air Oasis and IQAir can reduce airborne toxins like those from mold.

Reduce your sources of foodborne mold. Although mold gets into the human body most through inhalation, ingestion of moldy foods can be problematic as well. Reduce your consumption of the following foods if you suspect mold is an issue: dried fruit, corn, cheeses, coffee, gluten-containing foods, alcohol, canned tomato products, and pickled or fermented foods.

Retraining your brain, specifically, your limbic system will help reduce the severity and type of reaction you have when exposed to mold. Examples of Limbic System programs include DNRS (Dynamic Neural Retraining System) and the Gupta Program.


Mold Recovery Kit

Share this post


Find Your product